Monday, August 12, 2013

Seadoo at Pineview

This week Maddy has been staying with us. On Friday the 8th we spent the day at Pineview. We rented a Seadoo Jetski from the place at the lake, Club Rec or something. We had it from 1pm to 5pm. It was the first time I had driven one but Tyrell had at Lake Powell. We had a blast. I would take 2 kids with me. Jaxon and Leila and Mina.

Tyrell drove it and took Erana one time. Mina drove it too and took Maddy. I would go all over the lake and try to go as fast as it could. It would get fast and scary almost so I would slow down a bit, especially when boats made waves.

It was a nice sunny day but about 4:30pm a wind storm hit and rain clouds moved over. The water got choppy when Mina, Maddy and Leila were out there and they got wet from the wind blowing the spray onto them and Leila was shivering.

The wind broke a pole on our half-tent shelter. It wouldn't stop so we had the kids take the stuff back to the van. I waited with the seadoo until Candi came back from the van. The waves were bumping it and filling it with water. When Candi came I was on the water riding it so I went to shore to get close so she could get on. I tried to get off in the water to guide it but it wasn't shallow when I thought it was and I fell in and it came up to my chest. We rode it around in the wind, bumpy waves and light rain for a bit until we had to turn it in. It was cold when we went fast. I realized later that my ring was missing. It must have came off when I was holding the Seadoo handle when it was bumpy and slippery. It was still a good day.

Saturday the 10th, Candi, Mina and Leila performed at Sreeve & Ryan's ward luau. Mina and Leila did a Tahitian and Samoan dance. They were awesome. I was very proud of them. I joined the Maori group just to sing a couple songs and do the haka.