3/1 to 3/7:
Sunday Bishop Ishino called me to be the Ward Mission Leader. I was hesitant and not too excited about that but reluctantly accepted. I'll need the Lord's help for sure because I feel totally inadequate for the job. I'm not a good missionary and not a good organizer but I said I'll give it a shot. Mina had her final volleyball regular season game on Tuesday and lost to a good team from Kennedy. They played the first playoff game as the 2nd seed and beat Wasatch on Thursday 2-1. On Saturday we did a lot of cleaning the house because Candi is coming home. We went to get her after we ate dinner at Burger King and stopped at Target to get lotion because they got sun burned in Fiji swimming at a hotel while waiting for the next flight.We waited only about 5 minutes before they came out. The plane arrived at 8:20pm. Erana had glasses made out of pipe-cleaners that she wore the whole flight home. It was so wonderful to see them again. My wife looked as beautiful as ever. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. We got home and Candi unpacked her bags and gave us lots of stuff. Shirts and lollies. She got watties, passion fruit syrup and even feijoa syrup and jam. Heaps of chocolates and cookies. A jar of beet root radish and kamo kamo radish, bone carvings and stuff. Later on when the kids went to bed we had some quality time catching up with each other.
3/8 to 3/14:
The daylight savings time jumped forward an hour Sunday night and that mixed with Candi and I staying up late and her and Erana with jet-lag we just slept in and gave church a miss. Candi showed us all her photos after I took them off the phones and flash disks. Tuesday Candi went back to work. Mina's team played Churchill Junior High on the east bench off Wasatch blvd, 4300 S. Mina twisted her ankle bad before the game started and didn't play. The other team was well drilled and didn't make any mistakes. They made Bennion look like beginners and beat them 2-0. Bennion didn't look like themselves but would have lost at their best. I took Mina to the ER at the Murray hospital to get x-rays. They came back negative and said it was badly strained tendons. Mina got crutches and an ankle brace. Was a bummer way to end a great season. Candi and I had lunch at the Joy Luck chinese restaurant in Sandy Friday afternoon. It was not bad. Saturday we watched Tyrell play the Orem team for his first game of rugby. They lost. They'll get better, they looked rusty. We ate at Sconecutters in the evening, good stuff. But I felt like a fat pig after.3/15 to 3/21:
Went to Jared's baby TeAriki's blessing at their portuguese ward. Ate at his house after. Visited with Romaine Marshall. Mina got her learners permit Wednesday. She failed the test the first time but took it again. I've let her drive a few times to her friends home and on other simple drives. She's getting better but still a little scary. Kids had no school Friday. Tyrell played rugby Saturday against East, last years HS champs and Wasatch beat them but Tyrell got tackled and broke his collar bone. He was in a lot of pain. He was mad I walked so slow around the field to get to him. We went to the instant care in West Valley. I gave him a blessing in the room while waiting for the doctor. He broke it right through. He got pain medicine and just laid down at home for hours. I fell bad for him but he is a tough kid and handled the pain really well, better than I could. He sees the orthopedic doctor on Monday. On Sunday Jaxon was set apart as the Deacons quorum president.
3/22 to 3/31:
The doctor said to just let it heal on it's own instead of having surgery. It will stick out some and he'll lose about 1 cm of length from the collar bone. Poor son. He said it shouldn't affect his range of motion. I hope he knows what he's talking about. Tyrell left on his school choir tour Tuesday night to Hollywood. They took buses. We hoped he will be ok. He got home Sunday around noon. He didn't text or call or anything the whole time. He had fun and enjoyed himself. We watched his videos when we got back from church. Candi and I had lunch together Wednesday at Zupas after we got our HealthyUtah testing done at my old work building. Friday we visited with Uncle Taylor and Auntie Cairo Tarawhiti at the Bakers home. Was good to see them. Saturday morning we took the kids to Wairhouse a trampoline place for Scott's 40th. In the evening we went over to their house for cake and ice cream. Visited with Casey and Lindsey.
Erana Sayings:
3/27/15
Mina comes home from Maraina's baby shower with pen drawings all over her leg.
Erana: Your body is a temple, and you need to keep your temple clean!
3/27/15
Mina comes home from Maraina's baby shower with pen drawings all over her leg.
Erana: Your body is a temple, and you need to keep your temple clean!
















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.