Saturday, April 30, 2016

April


Scripture of the Month: D&C 10:5

"Pray always, that you may come off conqueror; yea, that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work."

4/1 to 4/9: 

Friday 4/1 we painted the new drywall around the door and windows in the living room. Then at 4pm Candi and I and Mina and Leila saw the new Saturday's Warrior movie at Jordan Commons. It was awesome. Got very teary eyed many times. The kids liked it. When we came out there were some of the cast members so we got a picture. Pam, Emily and a brother. Then Julie and Todd came.

Saturday and Sunday we had General Conference, we just stayed home and watched it on tv. The younger kids did not have worksheets to fill out, and they got a little distracted, I think it is better when they have worksheets to help them think and remember who is talking. General Conference was very uplifting.

Jason had the day off Monday 4/4 because he was working on Friday. We painted the inside, repair above the sliding door. And went shopping at Walmart.

Jaxon went for an over night camp with the Scouts 4/8, they went Geode hunting. He came back just before we had the missionaries over for dinner. He had some Geode's and Erana loved them. The missionaries, Elder Zaugg, and Elder Devereux  are very friendly and speak very well. They like asking the kids questions.

4/3: Erana is in the bathroom and I hear her say "Why did mum raise me like this?" I don't know why she said it but it sounded funny!



4/10 to 4/16: 

Jason and I went for an overnighter 4/14 in Logan at the Anniversary Inn.  On the way their we stopped at our favorite eating place 'Chinese Gourmet', had yummy battered fish, clam chowder, mongolian bbq etc.  Then in Logan it was snowing, we stopped in town and looked at a very big and interesting book store. I bought Leila and Erana ty-beanie boos etc. We stayed there way too long, and finally left to go check in.  Our room I chose was the 'Jessie James' room. And it was awesome, had a cowboy theme, jacuzzi, small pool table and very yummy treats. Jason and I had a really nice time sitting in the jacuzzi watching movies and loving each other lol. In the morning we had breakfast in bed, and Jay stained the bed with his raspberry strudel. We went to the Logan temple to do an endowment session, it was very beautiful inside and we had to move to another room, which was a nice surprise.  We took photos outside, it was very cold and windy. We stopped at the bookstore again, for me to jump out and buy something. And we filled up the car and got yummy snacks.




4/17 to 4/23: 

Jaxon has been practicing rugby Mon, Wed and Thurs since the 6th. Andrew Buehner is the coach and I help him out. I play touch with them. It's fun. Mina got her first job working at the Pei Wei restaurant as cashier/busser. She said they don't train her very well and always has to ask how to do things and it's very busy. She works Fridays and Saturdays and one other day. I told her to hang in there and it will get easier soon. Very proud of her. I worked on getting the sprinklers and the swamo cooler ready this weekend. Had to fix a broken pipe. Showed Tyrell how to do it. Went to Home Depot for some parts. Jeremy Fox helped get a valve working again. It wasn't shutting off. Thought I'd have to replace it. He tapped it a bit, manually turned it off and on then it worked. Then Leila and Erana helped me on the roof cleaning the swamp cooler.

4/24 to 4/30: 

We try to have a scripture to ponderize each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.