Tuesday, August 31, 2021

August

Erana got braces on the 2nd. She looks cute. Our ward swim party was on the 5th. Candi and the primary pres were in charge of the food. I had to go pick up a bunch of pizza. Claudia Cooper, a lady in the ward in her 50's maybe jumped in the shallow pool awkwardly and broke her ankle. It was bent at an unnatural angle. The EMT people came and took her away in the ambulance. Maya was with us and Tane and Alisa came too. 

The next day, Friday 6th, just Candi and I went to Pineview. We stopped at the old Jefferson Hunt camp and walked down the path to the bridge and walked around the old camp areas. It has been closed for years and it all over grown. The sky was really hazy with smoke from fires from California. We went to the picnic area at Cemetary point and setup our Umbrella tent on the grass ledge area that overlooks the lake. We just relaxed and stuff for several hours. Candi can't go into the water just yet. We did the same thing Aug 13 and 20 but setup our umbrella in different spots each time. We like going to the lake with just us. 

Aug 10 we went to Lagoon with Leila, Erana and Dray. I didn't go on the rollercoaster rides with them as I know I'd get sick. Candi didn't either as she's being cautious with her recovery. August 22 we went to Tama's homecoming, Vaughn and Kristy's boy. We ate after in Vaughn's backyard. I couldn't believe that the neighbor built a huge horse arena that blocked their view of the valley. They weren't happy about it. They are in a Samoan ward so there heaps of polys there. 

Leila and Erana started back at school on the 16th. Seems too early in the month. Candi went back to work at Riverview Jr High. She enjoyed her summer off and wished she could still be off, lol.

Aug 24th I started my endeavor to redo my deck by unscrewing the boards. The quotes we got were all from 4500 to 6000 and that didn't include it being waterproofed under it so I decided to do it myself. I bought all the stuff I needed for maybe close to $4000. I did it over a span of maybe 4 weekends or so with a day off work in there. I took the old deck off and laid down Trex rain troughs and rain gutters then put the new deck on and painted the rails and sides. 

Aug 25th we had our Condo BBQ with catered plates from R&R again. The 29th we went to Vuna's homecoming and ate at Olga's after. We had a good visit with lots of the whanau. Poor Auntie Louisa's short-term memory is fading. She shares the same story over and over again. I had to go rest in the car later on and wait to go. I get this bad pain in my back and abdomen now and then where I can't do anything but pray to make it go away. It usually goes away after about 5-10 minutes sometimes.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.