Sunday December 29th - Jaxon and I have separate flights. I bought my flight 3 days before I bought Jaxons. I should've waited cause I got a flight with 2 stops, and Jaxon just got 1 stop in LA. I went from SLC, SFO to LAX while in LA our flight kept getting pushed back and it eventually cancelled. Johnnie Kapua was on the same flight as me and we just hung out together. Delta gave us a hotel and food stamp. Johnnie and I went to the same hotel, got breakfast at the hotel in the morning and then went to catch our flight the next morning. I was able to lie down in the plane cause there was an empty seat next to me. I got some sleep. Breakfast on the plane was a mess, they served it 40mins before landing and ran out of time. So I didn't get a yogurt or a drink, the pastry I was given was overcooked and tough to chew, so I stopped eating it. But no worries just happy I made it to New Zealand with chocolate on my face! From the pastry which I only discovered while taking a selfie video of myself lol.
Jaxon had already arrived in NZ at about 6am New Years Eve day and I arrived about 11pm. Lian, Jaxon Ariya and Tristan came to get me. Barely got to the house to ring in the new year, went outside to record everyones fireworks. Lians family weren't doing anything to ring in the new year. I ate a jalapeno pie, with Feijoa smoothie and L&P, so yummy! Lian gave us our Influence Hoodies, some sack cloth NZ grocery bags, Maori drink bottles, one of her First Light Marathon Medalions and a Rotorua Monopoly game.
January 1st - Woke up to vacuuming lol. Ate a pink grapefruit and weetbix (made by Pumpkin aka Ariya) for breakfast. Hung up some laundry outside, little overcasted. Went to Manukau mall looked around, bought some kiwi's kinda like squishmallows. Went to BBQ Duck to eat some yummy Chinese food. Got BBQ duck, chili chicken, fried tofu, pork belly, beef fried noodles, crunchy greens, fried rice with L&P. Heaven lol!!! Stopped at Pack n Save, got some chocolates, ambrosia ice-cream, feijoa smoothie. Shannon had BBQ lots of yummy food and made a delicious potato salad, he's the cook!
January 2nd - After Lian cleaned the whole house, we left an hour late for Taupo lol. On the way we stopped to get gas and snacks, got a cream thai chicken pie, passionfruit ice-cream, Moro, twirl, crunchie, L&P, tropical mango bundaberg.
Ika Nui was the name of our Hotel in Taupo, right across from the Lake Taupo. Michelle, Denzil and family, Trisha and family (not Jack) have their hotel rooms here as well. Allison's family was in another hotel, Dad and Cath were down the road from us. Trisha gave us her gifts she got us, and our family. We opened ours, they were nice. All natural soaps, deodorant and hair products, maori jean jackets and bangles for my babies, Mina got earrings. I got a pounamu bangle and pounamu earrings and heart shaped wood earrings. Dad and Cath gave me and Jaxon an envelope, it had money in it, I also got a t BP $100 gift card from them. We all went to DeBretts hot pools. It was a little too small and crowded for my taste, but most of the kids were ours lol. Jaxon was bummed he didn't go with Shannons family to an Adult only one. Afterwards for dinner Lian and I got KFC with L&P (Jaxon and Leo got KFC bucket hats lol) Trish and Michelle got Fish n Chips. We combined the food and ALL of us ate outside our hotel rooms where there were table and chairs. Afterwards Alison and Mum came back to our hotel room so we could dress Mum in the outfits I bought her. All of us sisters were there except for Michelle (she was in her bed on her phone, looking at our photos of Mum lol). It was a little crazy, but fun. Mum's outfits were so cute, can't wait for her to wear them.
January 3rd - We took family photos by the lake. Dad, Cath, Mum, Mike, Lian, Shannon, Emily, Skylar, Akayla, Ariya, Tristan, Michelle, Denzil, Emma, Arihi, Alison, Ross, Aaron, Romaine, Jess, Jaiden, Carson, Wikitoria, Theodore, Reihana, Manaia, Billy-Jean, Dean, Trisha, Boboy, Taeya, Harper, Hinekawa, Leo, Me and Jaxon, Jasmine, Damon, Aleah and Elijah.
After photo's we walked around town a bit, and bought a summer dress at a boutique. We all had lunch at 'Dixie Browns', a fancy lakefront restaurant. I got the 'Lamb Liver', Jaxon got the 'Pork Belly'. Both were yummy, everyone seemed satisfied with their lunch. Secret Santa paid for the kids and Grandpa Pat, Oma Cathy, Grandma Poh Choo and Papa Mikes meals. Took some more photo's outside and we all except Dad's & Shannon's family went onto Hastings. Stopped at 'Waipunga falls' to check it out, it was pretty. We stayed at Quality Inn Napier along Marine Parade, it was rainy.
Went and did some Laundry in Taradale and walked down the street with shops. Couldn't see much cause town closes at 4pm.
Saturday 4th went to Taradale again to continue our laundry and finish looking at the stores we. Went into Op Shops and NZ souvenir shops. Got a few decorations for my Christmas Tree. We found a purple 'fugler' for Tristan. We ate out with Trish, Leo, Mum, Mike, Lian the kids and Jaxon and I at 'Ilona's Pasta', italian restaurant with an Asian owner and her husband is European. I got pork pasta kinda like straganoff and it was ok. We got calamari and cheese balls for appetizers, I tasted other peoples meals. Mum got a seafood one. I also tasted the Feijoa Kumbucha, it was ok, but the feijoa smoothie is better. Afterwards Jaxon went with Trish and Leo. We went to the grocery store, Pack n Save and then got an ice-cream at Rush Monroes which was now at the end of town in a movable crate, with the pond painted on the ground, sad! My feijoa, passionfruit ice-cream was soooo delicious! Was dropped off at Trisha's. Looked around inside my family home, one I grew up in. It was gutted and was slowly getting rebuilt inside, due to the flood 2yrs ago. Trish took out the toilet/washroom and just extended the kitchen. She took away the small entrance area as well. Jaxon and I got dropped off at my mate Geraldine Cowan's home, she lives in Flaxmere in new homes near Omahu. Gerald was throwing a party for her son Peter who got a Bronze medal in the Paralympics this year in rowing/wakaama. Some of his friends he made over in Paris, France were visiting and having dinner. Gerald and her Partner, Hemi Bird made a hangi and Gerald made steam pudding. We ate outside, it was a bit nippy. Gerald performed 'Titiro mai nga iwi', Pete on the guitar and whoever knew the words sang. My Uncle Myka Nuku (from Nani Polly) and his wife Roni Archer came. And their son who was grown, married and have kids. Was good to visit with them, especially Gerald. Michelle came to pick us up, she took us over to visit with Harley-Rei. He lives in Flaxmere with his partner Nancy (who has 11 children), not all live with them. They have 1 between them his name is TJ. It was hot in their home, and they had some grown kids with a baby. Harley looked happy. Sleptover at Denzil & Emma's home in Camberly. It has a big fence around it and you have to open the gate to drive in. He has 2 dogs, which we found out later that he had another cute dog, a bulldog. It was clean inside and the big dog is not allowed inside. Mum stayed with Lian at the Hotel with the Pumpkin, Tristan and Reihana, they swam in the hotel pool.
Sunday 5th. Jaxon and I went to Church with Michelle and Arihi. We met Mum, Lian, Shannons family. Gerald and her daughter came too, they sat with us. Afterwards we spent sometime with Emily's grandma and took photos. We all decided to go to 'Ocean Spa', hot pools along Marine Parade in Napier. It was a nice, better that DeBretts. I went in the Sauna and nearly died of heat lol We had dinner at Taylor Hepi's house. Alison, Ross, Billy Jean and Dean were staying there. I was talking to Jay and Erana outside on fbmsgr and Papa Mike said a few words. I then saw Papa Mike talking to Leo and he was punching this wooden beam and I heard him say to Leo "..and this is how I can beat up anyone in this world..", funny! We had bbq beef, curry laska, curry chicken, creamed pauas, all the food was delishes.
Monday 6th. We had breakfast and checked out of our hotel, will be staying the night with Denzil. Went to taradale again and did a few more laundry. While that was going on we watlked around again and looked at the stores again. Went into a bakery and had second breakfast. I had a Pork, bacon and watercress pie. Also got a custard square, passionfruit cheescake & L&P. Jaxon and Lian got them pies too. Went to Trisha's and walked to the Marae. Visited my childhood friend 'Julianne Huia', her kids were home too, she had a young boy, which I thought was her grandchild lol Went and visited Uncle Paris. He and Boboy (Grant) live on Grandma's property in Crate homes. Uncle Paris was actually happy to see me and talked a bit, he looked like 'Worsel Gummage', cause of his overgrown hair on his head and face, he didn't want me to take a photo of him.
Went downtown Hastings, and got some souvenirs and another visit to 'RushMunroes'. We ate lunch at a Chinese Restaurant with Alison, Jaiden, kids and Michelle and her grandkids. The kids were ratbags and I had to take Reihana outside for a timeout, which cause me some trauma. Jaxon came out and wanted to take over, but I said I was ok - NOT! lol
Tuesday 7th. Denzil got Mum and I a 'Crayfish', Jaxon didn't want some so I ate it all by myself it was yummy and I had a pie for breakfast too, with my feijoa smoothie.
We all met at Omahu Marae for photos and to say goodbye. Trisha wanted to give me some stuff, my snoopy sister Alison came and took a Maori Picture that was probably for me. But that's ok, I got some of Mum's Chinese ornaments for ornaments for my Christmas Tree. We said our goodbyes and left, but we stopped in Taradale again so Jaxon can get earrings for Erana. Alison and her crew met us there, to also look around. We stopped in Taupo and had KFC Wicked wings & L&P for lunch, so yummy! Jaxon sat upfront this time and I was in the middle of Pumpkin and Tristan so they'd behave. We stopped once to get gas and snacks. I got a Kapiti Passionfruit & Kamahi Honey ice-cream, it was the bomb! also got Toffeepops and squiggles bites and a rhubarb pie.
Wednesday 8th. Lian took us, Me, Jaxon, Skylar, Akayla and Pumpkin aka Ariya to 'YUMCHA'S'!!! We had Chili Chicken, Greens, fried squid, dumplings, bbq pork buns and fried rice. Jaxon left with the girls. Lian and I went to get Manukau Mall for my anti-aging face treatment. And then walked around and bought some more souvenirs, a kiwi backpack for Erana.
Thursday 9th. Went with Lian to get Leo from the Airport, he wants to hangout with us while were here. He'll come with Jaxon and I to Hamilton and go home on Tuesday. Went to a discounted grocery store called 'Why Not' and got some cheap chocolates and ChitChats. Got Fish N Chips for dinner.
Friday 10th. Lian is working, so Skylar took us to the Maori bone carving place. On the way home we stopped at the Chinese Bhuddist Temple, but we couldn't go in cause I wasn't dressed appropriately. So we went home and got dressed and came back with Pumpkin. The Temple complex is huge and it was like a museum. You can even eat there, but the kitchen was closed when we got to that part. Afterwards Jaxon went somewhere with Skylar and Leo. I went with Doug and Lian to eat out at 'Mando's' to eat bbq chicken. Doug and Lian got half a chicken, I ordered 4 chicken thighs for $14 and added $8 for a drink and side. When it came I was shocked cause my thighs were boneless and tiny? Like who would pay $14 for this? Anyway I paid $22 for this overpriced teenyweeny dinner. Now I know why Doug and Lian got half a chicken. And the flavor was meh!
Saturday 11th - Lian, Jaxon and I went to the Otara Market. I bought a shell necklace, just wanted the huge shell for Baby's Tausala necklace. Jaxon got him a bone carving set. Got some Lamb buns and Golden Pash, was yummy especially the Golden Pash. Stopped at 'Sonny Bakery's in Ormiston on the home and got me a creamy paua pie. Jaxon went somewhere again with Skylar and Leo. Talked with TeKauri on fbmsgr and told him we'd visit. Was suppose to go to an Indian festival but when we went it wasn't even set up. So Doug, Lian and I stopped at the Ice-cream truck by the park and got feijoa ice-creams, Lians feijoa yogurt one was better than our just ice-cream one. When Jaxon got back we went and visited TeKauri and family. When there Edith said Pere and Awatea were at Maraetai practicing 'Matatini' in February. That's where Shannon, Emily and the kids had gone to Maraetai. Edith drove us to Maraetai to see them practice. When we drove into the marae area, the marae was right across the road from the beach. Edith pointed out to 'KaiOra' who was the lady off of 'Casketeers'. Pere made us a little nervous saying we'd have to introduce ourselves but he ended up doing it himself. Their singing was amazing, Pere was farrrr out, tumeke! The group is called Angitu and Pere, Reese, General (another Wihongi cousin) and a couple of other people I forgot started the group. They write and choreograph all the songs and haka's, everything! Anyway it was cool!
Sunday 12th. Went to Church with Jaxon, Lian, Leo, Skylar and Pumpkin. I sat next to Aunty Lavinia, after sacrament took photos with Aunty and Mia Whaanga (who knows Jay and Alison, went to CCNZ). After church went home and packed some things and left for Hamilton. Lian let me use their red little suzuki car. On the way we stopped at Pokeno's for ice-cream. I got a passionfruit ice-cream. Jaxon paid for it, and also shouted Leo and bought us Fish N Chips. Dad and Cath live with Jas & Damon, they bought a home in Rotatuna. Dad and Cath made their garage into a Bedroom with bathroom and a living space with kitchenette that has a one car garage attached, they share the Laundry room, which also has their closet in there. Their home is nice! Even though it was Sunday, Dad and I went and got a couple of chickens for dinner and some other groceries, feijoa smoothie, L&P, mango ice-cream. I wasn't that hungry and ate more salad. We also had steam pudding, custard and cream. Dad falls asleep a lot during the day on his lazy boy. Jas has a big rottweiler girl dog named Daisy, she's friendly. I slept in Aleah's room, she slept with Dad and Cath.
Monday 13th. Dad went to the grocery store while I was still in bed. Cath made Dad and I a breakfast smoothie. Dad took us to Chartwell mall, he sat in the car while we went shopping. I bought Leo a 'Hello Kitty' soft toy. Bought some souvenirs, Jaxon bought him a nice brown Adidas jacket. Went to the grocery store again. At home Dad cleaned the watercress was very meticulous. I saw him wasting a lot of watercress and teased him about it, I can make a whole other pot of boil up with your watercress trash lol. While eating Dads yummy boil up I found a couple of grass and Cath found a leaf lol. It was nice and sunny and hot in Hamilton. Had some mango ice-cream for dessert.
Tuesday 14th. Cath went and Met Lian half way to pick up Pumpkin, to sleep over and play with Aleah. She was asking to come with us on Sunday, but I said that was way too long for us lol cause then she'd stay till we come back on Friday. We dropped off Leo this morning at the bus station to go to Taupo where Trisha will pick him up. He tried to stay longer with us, but I said no he needs to go home lol. Dad took us to a bakery afterwards to eat some pies, and other yummy stuff. When we got back Pumpkin was there playing with Aleah. For dinner we had lamb roast, with roasted potatoes and pumpkin and broccoli salad, it was yummy. I had told Pumpkin to move closer to the food so she can reach and of course she says NO! lol She moved after I said she's going home, cause she doesn't listen lol. Dad and I went to the temple and did an endowment session. I kept missing Dad in the waiting room and endowment room and even the Celestial room. It was different from what I remember because they remodeled the Temple. I met Colby Wihongi's father in law at the desk and also bumped into Rob Joseph, he invited me over to visit with him and his family. But sadly we were overbooked and had no time to visit. Dad and I took photos outside the temple.
Wednesday 15th - Early morning Jaxon and I left for Rotorua. Jaxon led us astray nearly go up the mountain to get to the LUGE... we turned around and went back to the main road and went into 'Skyline' which we passed while coming into town. We bought the gondola and 5 luge rides $90 each. We had so much fun, the weather was ok, bit over casted but it got warmer. Was not too crowded either, best to go when it opens. We did all 5 luges and then we got lunch there. I got a curry potpie and fountain drink and Jaxon got a something else like a pasta lasagna thingy. We got ice-cream too, passionfruit. We headed over the 'Whakarewarewa', got in for free cause we Whanau. But were not allowed to go on the guided tour or see the performance, dumb one. Which we'd use to be able to do, back when we came here last time. We walked around and took photos, was kinda dead. One of their main stores had closed, due to the owner dying. I bought me a gold plated moko necklace, which turned out to be one of my favorite things I bought from our trip! We drove back to Dads after this, so I can hang out with my Daddy!
Thursday 16th - Jaxon, Dad and I went to visit with my Father-In-Law, Barney gravesite. Dad and Cath with also be buried in the same Cemetary in the RSA section. After we dropped Dad off at home Jaxon and I went and visited Aunty Pat and Uncle Bill. I think they were expecting Jason when we got there and Aunty Pat brought it up saying she thought I misspelt Jason and put Jaxon lol She then kept saying it was delightful to see Jaxon. Her and Uncle Bill are very candid and funny. They had prepared a snack they said, and it was mini pies, quiches, sandwiches, chips, doughnuts and juice. Aunty Pat told us a funny story of how Uncle Moses was learning to be an electrician and when he just started out he accidently shut down all the lights and electricity in their home town there was this theatre.... - "He blacked out the theatre but he survived!" After our nice visit we went to Strantz and Vicky's complex. It was a road that went past the Temple and kinda out in the wops, where the road was having some construction on it. The complex was nice it had about 6-8 small homes, with a small forest and fields nearby. They have a small orchard with different kinds of fruit trees and a big vegetable garden. Vicky and older girls had to leave, so Jaxon and I visited with Strantz and Uncle Jono, while we chatted many of their grandchildren came and played near by. They have a nice place, Uncle seemed bored though, but good.
Jaxon and I stopped at the Temple to take photos then we went to 'The Base' and walked around and then got something to eat. Jaxon got Wicked wings from KFC and I experimented and got Curry Laksa. They both were good but not the Laksa I was wanting.
Friday 17th - Dad and Cath took Jaxon and I out to eat at 'Joyous Chinese' Restaurant. Dad ordered him some Chicken feet, we got some dumplings, Chili Chicken, steamed buns and I can't remember what else. The food was not as good as 'Yumcha's' in Auckland. After lunch we went back to Dads and did some final packing and said our goodbyes and left. I had filled up the car on Wednesday, using Dads gift card so we didn't need to stop. When we got back to Lians, we chilled a bit and then she took us out to eat at BBQ Duck again. We got duck, fried tofu, fried squid, Chili Chicken and greens I should've told her will go tomorrow cause we had Chinese earlier with Dad lol.
Saturday 18th - Lian and I went to Otara Market and looked around again, I bought a yellow Nike top and white sweats. And we got an asian pastry which I thought was going to be yummy but it was meh, I did get me a candied strawberry stick, it was delicious. We also stopped at Sonny's Bakery again and I got me a paua pie and custard square for later. We came home and got Jaxon and went to the Greenstone store. Lian bought her a huge tiki pounamu $550, and Jaxon got him two pounamu hooks $250 each. I got some earrings. Then we went go some thrift stores about 3 of them all close to each other. Jaxon was bored and while he was sitting in the op shop on the couch waiting for us a guy asked him for help to move a cupboard into his trunk of his car. And Jaxon came back with $50, we were like why you take money from him. Jaxon said he said no to the guy, but the guy grabbed his arm and shoved the money in his hand lol. Later Jaxon and I went to watch Angitu again, they were at TeAroha College close by. We had lunch with them and then watched them practice, it was so cool!
Sunday 19th - After Church, Skylar and Akaylah came with us to see 'Angitu' practice. Awatea kindly introduced them to everyone and also told them to filming! We said our goodbyes to Reese, Pere and Awatea after practice. On our way home we stopped by the park where the Ice-cream truck was and got us Feijoa Yogurt ice-creams. Later that evening Jaxon and I got us some Fish N Chips for dinner, and Jaxon got a hamburger and I ate my Paua pie as well. Throughout our stay I have packing and worrying about our bags. Jaxon and I both have to add on 2nd bags and carry-ons. I finished packing everything and I was able to pay for my 2nd bag but Jaxon had to wait till the airport.
Monday 20th - We said our goodbyes to everyone. When it came time for me to leave Doug got me an Uber. My Uber guy was Indian, he was nice. I had a lot of time checking in and going through security, I had no problems. I bought be some chocolates, rashuns, burgerings, feijoa smoothie and an L&P. I was also able to sit in a massage chair for 15 mins and get a nice massage. I had Erana's Kimi Kiwi strapped to me on my back using my belt bag. In the plane I got a nice blessing of sitting by myself again but this time on the side. I had an extra 2 seats available, yay! The Delta crew were more on the ball than the crew coming. I watched 'Yolo' a Chinese film about a girl becoming a boxer. In LA I decide to change my flight to an earlier one so I paid the fee and did so. I didn't have to go to Sanfran cause Jay had bought me a flight from La to Slc. I had to pay for a cart at SLC, cause I had too many bags to carry. It was so nice seeing my JayBean pick me up at the airport!
At home I unpacked some stuff on the living room floor. Jay and I spent some quality time with each other before we went and picked up Jaxon from the Airport, his flight got delayed.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.