Saturday, January 31, 2026

January 2026 - Jaxon's 22nd Birthday

1/19/2026

Hello Sister Wihongi, I'm sure everyone else told you about Christmas and new years already. So I'll tell you the things you maybe don't know yet. Alisa’s dog Harry passed away right before new years. It happened so fast we noticed he was acting very strange. Trouble breathing, would wander around at night, and refuse to sleep and eat, wouldn't lay down either. We took him to the hospital a couple times, but eventually in the end we learned he had cancer and bleeding in the heart so we had to put him down. Alisa was so heartbroken for days. Alisa and I found out she was pregnant back in October. The baby is doing well now and it's going to be a girl. Shes expected in early July. We made raspberry cream puffs to reveal the gender to the family last Sunday. We have some ideas for names but we don't want to reveal anything yet. Other than that we've just been working. I've working and boxing still. Right now we're just watching the college football championship game with Alisa's family. Anyways, we miss and love you! Hope you are doing well, you are doing an amazing work keep it up! 

Love Tyrell and Alisa

1/20/2026

Talofa Sister Wihongi, 

January 6th we had a combined YM/YW activity. We went to the Murray Ice Rink and did some ice skating. Erana was like a beginner and she was holding onto the side walls. I decided to skate too, since I hadn’t done it for yonks. It was ok, but I was more unstable than I thought I would be. My legs got tired easily, and I fell over and conked my head right in front of the Young Men leaders lol, yup it was embarrassing. We had yummy hot cocoa afterwards. 

Erana had her Piano Recital on Wednesday 14th, at Daynes Music. We went an hour early so she could practice lol. And lucky we did, cause she needed it lol. But she was awesome when it was her turn. We couldn’t eat at Arctic Circle on State street, it was being remodeled. We ate at Freddy’s instead, they had yummy burgers and shakes and fried cheese curd. 

I had a 4 day weekend, which was nice. Friday Dad and I went and did some sealings at the TVille Temple. On Sunday the Young Women sang at the Old people’s home (Monument Health) is what it’s called now. I just keep calling it The Bennion Care Center lol. Alisa and Tyrell made cream puffs and hid the gender of their baby in the cream puffs. It was fun and yummy, and yay - it’s a GIRL! Now we are waiting for Mina and Tane to find out. How exciting aye! Dad went and shot his new gun on Monday, while Erana and I went thrifting and ate lunch at Tous Les Jour. We got some good finds, especially a couple of temple dresses. I will need them if I ever get to work in the Temple. 

1/26/26

Today is Monday, January 26th. I’m typing this at work. I don’t have much to do at work since it’s the beginning of the term. I study my scriptures and listen to Youtube podcasts on the Come Follow Me lesson for the week. We didn’t get to talk with you yesterday, you were busy. Hope you had a nice Zone PDay. Don’t forget to send us an email, it doesn’t have to be long, or write in your journal. Wednesday Mutual was an activity at the Seminary chapel and building by TVille, for all youth. They talked about the new Youth theme this year ‘Walk with God’ and about Seminary. Dad’s been writing a lot of AI songs, as you already know. He loves doing that now, it’s his new fun hobby and I like his songs. Baby went to a Youth Dance on Saturday at the SLCC institute building - I’ll let her tell you about it. I went to Uncle Richards Saturday morning and did some carving. I started Dad’s tewhatewha. Uncle doesn’t like President Trump, it’s because he’s probably watching the normal news on tv, plus his daughter in law is from Canada and they probably didn’t like it when President Trump said he wanted to take over Canada. He’s like Grandpa Pat lol. Looking forward to going to Vegas this Friday, to see the New Edition, Boys to Men and Toni Braxton concert. Love you Mum & Dad xxx

1/28/26

Talofa Sis. Wihongi,

Wednesday January 28th, Jaxon is 23 years old. He’s handsome, a friend to everyone, a little silly, likes to make people laugh, he’s loving and kind. 

He works with Ceedrek doing road construction sporadically when it’s nice weather. It’s winter so now he’s off of work, and he sleeps all day, not sure what he’s doing at night time in his room. He goes out and hangs with his cousins Talia and her husband Nate, Melia, Zion. He says they play games and watch anime. He also hangs with ‘the boys’, Ceedrek and Vintrick. 

He’s been going to his Uncle Clint’s house to play the drums which he’s pretty good at (even though I would prefer he stay home and practice his bag pipes). His Uncle Clint plays his electric guitar and sings, not sure who else is in their band. 

He has family scripture reading and prayer with us each day. He takes Noah Schwenke? to his church every Sunday. That’s if he’s not playing sick from staying up the night before. 

He’s been watching an anime with his minihim (Erana), they both have similar interests. Jaxon is fun to hang with. I wish he would spend more time with us on Sundays after dinner, watching our movie or in general.

He’s a little chubby or solid built is what Aunty Lian calls it, it’s because he eats a ton! And I haven’t seen him work out for a while. 

He’s on my mind, worries me a lot with the choices he’s made. Sometimes I just wanna give him a whack! lol I hope he knows Dad and I love him very much and want the best for him. He’s constantly in our prayers. He will always be my Sunshine! - Mum

1/31/26

On Friday 1/23 we drove to Las Vegas. We stopped at Beaver and got an ice cream. I had a pretzel piece ice cream with caramel and peanut butter and another flavor with chunks in it that I can’t remember. Mum had licorice and huckleberry. The weather has been unusually warm lately like it’s early spring already. We were able to get a coat hanger out of the car and roast some cheese curds around the outdoor fires they have. We drove on and filled gas up in St George since I forgot to in Beaver. I drove to Las Vegas and we went to eat at the Korean BBQ place Captain 6 first thing. We had lots of meats, short ribs, pork bulgogi and side dishes. It was nice but I didn’t get overly stuffed. After that we checked into our hotel Excalibur and rested a bit before getting ready to go to the concert which started at 8pm but we were going to start walking over there at 7pm. Mum and Erana dressed up nice. Our seats were ok, probably not any better than our last ones. Before the show the DJ played old songs and stopped the music to see if we knew the rest of the words. The audience did. I knew most songs until they played weird rap ones. When the show started New Edition, Boyz II Men, and Toni Braxton came out in the opening song. Then they took turns singing a song or 2 before switching to the next group. It was a fun concert but the singing mics especially for Toni Braxton weren’t loud or clear enough to hear the words. This is Mum now - we were in a crowd of black people, the occasional white person, but behind us were 4 white people and of course they were noisy and sometimes annoying. The guy behind Jaxon let everyone know within his shouting range that he’s an atheist, especially yelling that out when the singers were praising God. Dad’s being too nice, the sound system was crap, we paid $200 each and we could see the singers singing, their mouths would move but we heard nothing, especially with Toni Braxton, I felt bad for her. Anyways we overall had an enjoyable time. The weather was so nice, thought it was going to be cold, but we were hot with the clothes we wore. Jaxon and Erana went on the NYNewYork Roller Coaster. Saturday we slept in close to check out. We went to China Town and had yummy Korean Corn Dogs. We ate some yummy pastries at 85°C Bakery Cafe, walked around a little and also got bobba’s. Jaxon drove to Uncle Shauns’s home. They have a new home in a quiet community that's close to the border of Arizona. They also have a community swimming pool they can go to, and it’s the biggest one in the state of Utah. Also a wave pool is being built close by as well. Their house was beautiful and like minimalist living, they bought pizza for dinner. Uncle Shaun took Dad and Jaxon for a ride around in their golf cart. Afterwards Gracie took, Aunty, me and Erana for a ride too, while she was driving, Christine kept telling Gracie she was driving too fast and careless, it was funny! Dad showed Uncle and Aunty his AI songs, they loved them. Uncle Shaun wanted them, but Dad hasn’t put them on Youtube yet, that’s what he’s working on now. Aunty Christine purged her closest, and gave me tons of clothes, I went through them all while we were there. She had some really nice dresses, I was fortunate to receive them. I kept some stuff for you too. 

We slept in on Sunday and ate breaky and sadly we had to leave, so I could get home and make dinner for Jaxon’s birthday. But we ended up buying KFC before we got home and Tyrell and Alisa made Jaxon a Tres Leches cake.