Monday, July 22, 2013

July Fun

I had a nice day off on the 4th. We went to the West Jordan parade at our usual place on 72nd south by the old Albertson exit. Auntie Raihi and Uncle Craig were on the roadside on their chairs. Candi and the kids sat by them and got lots of lollies during the parade. I sat behind them on a grassy knoll under a tree's shade and soon got surrounded by mi familia (a bunch of hispanics trying to scab the same shade). Mina was staying in Tooele for the week. Tyrell stayed home. In the evening we picked Mum up and went to Jody's for dinner and lit fireworks in the evening. Jody had a bunch of aerials. A couple times he gave us a fright when it tipped over and they shot off along the ground. The second time it hit a car passing by then started shooting at the home across the street after the car passed. After that the kids wanted to hide behind chairs for the next ones and so did I. We went home around 10:30pm.


July 6th, Saturday we helped Danny and Raina move stuff out of the apartment. They are renting a home in Sugarhouse or somewhere, can't remember.

From the 8th to the 12th Tyrell went on a Bear Lake Scout camp. He said he had fun riding horses, shooting shotguns and other stuff. He did really well clay pigeon shooting he said, passing his badge qualification easily when he had to get a certain amount with 50 shots.

Thursday night, 11th, Candi and I saw the Pacific Rim movie about giant monsters from the ocean attacking cities so the humans built giant robots with 2 people that pilot them and fight back. It was pretty cool and fun but kinda ripped off Independence Day movie in many ways. I took Tyrell and Jaxon to see it on Saturday 13th. They liked it.

Friday morning, 12th, Candi and I went to have breakfast at the Belgian Waffle place across from Hillcrest HS because we had a 'buy one get one free' coupon. Summer monsoon rains, thunder storms have come a few times and has been a nice change from the hot weather.

Saturday, 13th, Jaxon scored 2 tries in rugby. They were awesome too. I owe him 10 bucks now.

On the 17th to the 19th Jaxon went on a school camp trip to Mill Hollow camp. The same one Mina went on a few years back. He said he had fun. Rugby is still going on and we've had not many kids at practices. I have had to cancel twice because of rain. We have still been doing well. We played Herriman again Saturday 20th and did much better but lost by 1 try 20-25. It was a hot, hot day for rugby. We won the 2nd game but had to give them one of our players. I'm glad I have one week left. Coaching is fun but is getting old as the weeks have gone on. I don't think I'll do it next year.