Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pioneer Weekend

For the last few weeks Candi has been busy making Mina and Leila's costumes for polynesian festivities they will be performing in with their Tausala group over the Pioneer Day weekend. So Pioneer day we watched the parade on t.v. and saw Cynthia Wood holding her flag with the Grantsville marching band. They had a close-up shot for a second. At night we went to the Fagogo Samoa festivity at a Equestrian pavilion on 11400 south. The girls were in some numbers during a play production they were in about Samoan stuff. It was boring as until the girls parts. They did really well but couldn't see them very good where I was sitting. The fireworks going on around us was more interesting. Erana is quite a nuisance when she is out and about. We tried keeping her belted in the stoller which worked for most of it but she kept whining at Candi to get her out. Once out we had to keep an eye on her as she goes off playing.

Thursday the 25th I took off from work. We had a nice day at Pineview on the beach. Tyrell went to Lake Powell with Tyler Breinholt's family and stayed on a house boat until Sunday. We swam and ate KFC for lunch, laid out and swam more. Candi and I had fun in the lake with our life vests on floating together. Erana would occupy herself playing with sand toys and had fun. We left around 6pm after a walk along the beach, then stopped for shakes.

Friday the 26th, Jaxon spent the day at the Webelos camp in Millcreek canyon. In the evening we went back to the Samoan festival. The girls did more dances with the Tausala group this time, not just the play numbers. They used all the costumes Candi made. Mum, and Scott's family came. The seats we had still weren't the best but oh well. The girls were awesome, I am very impressed at how good they are with their Tahitian and Samoan dances. Those lessons aren't a waste of money. Now to get Candi to have them be as good with Maori stuff.

Saturday the 27th was the last games for rugby. We had pizza and food after our games at the South Jordan rec fields. I had enough rugby balls they gave me for coaching that I gave one to each kid. It was fun but glad it is over. Jaxon did well this season. He made a lot of his own decision making on the field as half-back and that's what I wanted instead of me yelling at him with what to do. He is a better player.

Sunday the 28th, we went to Joshua's missionary farewell. He did a good job. I'm very proud of my nephew. He has a strong testimony. After we gathered at a home of a friend of Monica who said they could use for the feed as they were out of town. They had a big backyard with a pavilion. Monica wants to buy it someday. They had lots of mexican food since Josh is going to Mexico.