September 12th
Jason & I went to 'lumber liquidators, home depot & lowes' to check out the floors. In the beginning we were set on having real hardwood floors, but then we changed our minds, to Laminate because of the durability, price & ease of care.To make things go smoothly and quicker I decided to pick my favorite one from Jason's two most favorite. Mina and I liked the one from Lowes. But Jason was being stubborn and wanted the one from Home Depot. Jason was going to have his way, but decided to make me happy instead.
We made the arrangements with 'Carrie' the lady in charge of flooring at lowes. I didn't really like the way she helped us, which wasn't helpful at all. Like she just wanted us to hurry up & pick so she can do other things. We had to choose side boards to match our floors, but our floors didn't come with side boards so we had to pick from another floor choice. All I wanted was that the color be darker than our floors! Was that too hard for her to figure out, I mean isn't it her job to know all the colors of the woods or flooring she's selling? NO, she kept on saying that the one we picked 'correlated' with our wood? What the heck, whatever that means?
So because the side boards were the wrong color & I took them back to get the right ones. Which Jason just found online? we were wondering why she couldn't she just show us them online?
It took longer, so when Paul & Dan came to put them in my niece Cynthia was here visiting with us from New Zealand.
Paul & Dan were to older pakeha guys, they were very professional & nice. Paul also covered our trunk we made out of the island that was in the living room, with carpet I had bought from the carpet guy.
Our floors look awesome, it is kinda loud in the house now. But I don't have to look at the ugly stained carpet anymore, until I go into our bedroom. lol
Photo taken 2/1/2014
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.