Monday, June 29, 2015

California Vacation Day 4

Monday, June 29th: 

We got up and went to free breakfast. They cooked omelets to order and we had french toast and fruit, juice, bacon, sausages, etc. We ate a lot then went to Magic Mountain around 9:45am. It opened at 10:30am. Candi spent the day with Erana and I went with the other kids. We went straight to the X2 which was a fun ride. Leila had to wait, she couldn't go on the 54" rides but could on all the 48" ones. We went back to get our flash passes after which allows us to go to the front of the line. It cost way more but was quite worth it at the end of the day. The lines were long on many rides but it allowed us to get on all 18 or so rides that it covered at least once. Without it we could have been on less than half cause of the waiting in line. It didn't cover the X2 that's why we went there first. After the first few roller coasters I got a headache and felt sick. It was also so hot, in the mid 90's or more. I skipped a few rides to feel better. I would go on another and get sick again. Some of the roller coasters are way extreme. My favs were X2, Tatsu, Twisted Colossus, Full throttle and Superman. Tyrell got a bit sick too. We got a $15 dollar cup that gave us free refills all day and we got heaps of refills. We ran into Martin Palmer. We chatted a few times. He gave me a pain pill. He was getting the same thing, sick and stuff. He just moved to Bakersfield to do a dental residency the day before. Was nice to catch up with him. We watched a show with a variety of acts and dancing that was fun at about 5:30pm. We called up Candi and told her to go to the 7pm show and we'll meet her there. The kids wanted to see it again. After the show we went on the Lex Luther drop ride then went to the store before leaving. The van acted funny when starting then after we went to Wendy's for dinner it wouldn't start. It just made a clicking sound. We prayed in the car and got an impression to ask in Wendys for a jump even I thought it wasn't a jump that would fix it. A nice worker came out to help and it started up. I drove it around for a bit but didn't turn it off when I picked them up and went back to the hotel. After turning it off there it wouldn't start up again. Did the same clicking. We just left it to worry about in the morning. I had a feeling before the vacation the something was going to happen to the van, it didn't feel like danger so I kinda blew it off and hoped I was imagining it. I think the still small voice was whispering to be ready.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.