Sunday, June 21, 2015

Jaxon's Sacrament Talk

Importance of Tithing

D&C 119:3-4 says.....


"3 And this shall be the beginning of the tithing of my people.
 And after that, those who have thus been tithed shall pay one-tenth of all their interest annually; and this shall be a standing law unto them forever, for my holy priesthood, saith the Lord."
My talk is about the importance of tithing. In the 'Strength of Youth' it says.....


"The law of tithing is an important commandment that you should obey throughout your life. A tithe is one-tenth of your income.
Paying tithing shows your gratitude for all that God has given you. It is a way to help build God’s kingdom on earth. Tithing is used to build temples and meetinghouses, translate and publish the scriptures, provide Church materials to members, do missionary work, perform temple and family history work, and support seminaries and institutes.
Your attitude is important in paying tithing. Pay it because you love the Lord and have faith in Him. Pay it willingly with a thankful heart. Pay it first, even when you think you don’t have enough money to meet your other needs. Doing so will help you overcome selfishness and be more receptive to the Spirit."
Every time my Mum gave me allowance she would say to me 'Pay your tithing first', but I would forget most of the time. Then when my family went into the bishops office for a tithing settlement, my amount wasn't very much, and I was a little embarrassed. I should have listened to my Mum. But the bishop said 'I could start from that point on to pay my tithing faithfully.

In Malachi 3:10 it says.....

"10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall notbe room enough to receive it."

Today is also fathers day and I wanted to tell my Dad that he is a great example to me not only in paying an honest tithing but as a good Dad. I know my family is blessed because of his faithfulness. I played my last game of rugby for the season just yesterday and my coach is my Dad, he's been my rugby coach for 3yrs, he is an awesome coach, and knows a lot about the game. He provides for our family, says funny things a lot that makes me laugh. And mostly does what my Mum tells him. I Love you Dad.

In closing I would like to bear my Testimony: I know that the Lord will bless you for paying your tithing, I know that the scriptures help us, we just need to read them, and that we have a living prophet to guide us today. I know my savior lives and loves us and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.