Wednesday, July 1, 2015
California Vacation Day 6
We slept in today. The longest sleep of the vacation. Woke up around 10:15am. We missed the free breakfast. We got ready to go to Huntington beach and got there around 12pm'ish. We stopped at Burger king for some food first. It was a bit of an overcast day with temps cooler in the 70's I think. Beach wasn't too crowded but had a lot of people. The kids played in the sand and surf. They found lots of sand crabs which don't look like usual crabs. They don't have pincers. Mina and Jaxon got used to the cold water and body surfed and made a friend named Amber. Jaxon said he saw her bum when the wave pulled her togs down lol. Mina saw a sting ray. Candi and I walked down the beach a bit then I had a little nap on the beach towel. We only stayed until 4:30pm. We had to go back and get ready for our Pirate Dinner Adventure. On the way home we saw a little dachshund dog running through our traffic lanes and the cars ahead stopped. I looked away to keep driving and also knowing it was going to get hit. Candi kept watching and saw it get run over. I heard the thump. Now Candi has a traumatic image in her head and I don't. I asked why she kept looking? I knew it was going to get hit. The kids didn't know where we were going for dinner. It was just across the street from our Hotel. It is for Tyrell's b-day dinner. He got some beads, flag and bandanna, and velvet cake piece for his b-day. We looked around and had snacks they brought around on trays as we waited to get seated. We sat in the green section. Dinner was a chicken leg with thigh attached, steak and veges on a skewer, mashed potatoes, ice cream and brownie. It filled me up. Tyrell's velvet cake slice had a candle in it. The show was good and had some funny parts in it. The kids enjoyed themselves. We went back to the hotel and watched tv until bed time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.