Thursday, February 28, 2019

February - Candi's 44th Birthday


Memorization of the month: Maori blessing on the food

E to matou Matua i te Rangi - Our Father in heaven
Anga matou ki a koe mo te kai nei - We turn to you to express thanks for the food
Whakapainga enei kai - Bless this food
Hei oranga mo o matou tinana - that it will be well for our bodies
Ka inoi matou i runga i te ingoa o -We pray in the name of
Ihu Karaiti - Jesus Christ
Amine - Amen

2/3/19

Hello missionaries,
We had fish n chips, cheese balls, meat pies from Sagato, and salad for another Jaxon b-day  dinner.  Mom got sodas for us to try.  There was Creamy Ginger, Irish Cream, Blackberry Jam, and Huckleberry Hibiscus.  There was 2 more but I forgot their names.  We watched Samson for our family movie.  For Jaxon’s b-day, Uncle Scott’s family came over and we had pizza and seafood curry for dinner.  Then, we sang happy birthday and had cake.  Next, Jaxon opened his presents.  I got him a blue bow tie from free stuff in New Zealand.  It had a rip when I looked at it in New Zealand so I told mom to fix it when we got home.  Now it’s good as new!  Mom read the story of Jaxon’s birth after Jaxon opened his gifts.  Erana and I had piano lessons on Tuesday.  For Young Womens, we did the iron chef.  The ingredients we were given were pork, pineapple, carrots, sour cream, and bisquick.  Bisquick was the secret ingredient that you had to put in every dish.  There were 3 dishes: entree, appetizer, and dessert.  We made pulled pork for the entree with bisquick buns, pulled pork, carrots, and BBQ sauce.  For the appetizer we made a dip for carrots made of sour cream, bisquick, and some spices.  We made mini doughnuts made with bisquick with a pineapple sour cream sauce on top for dessert.  The doughnuts were the best.  On Thursday, Erana and I played at the Ballard’s house.  Yesterday, Kage and Dray played over and we played at the park.  Then, Erana and I played at Kage’s house.  We are going to Kage’s house today for Superbowl Sunday.  I hope you have a great week, stay safe!  I LOVE YOU GUYS!
Love, Leila XOXO


Grace is getting baptized this Friday 2/8/19! She was the elders investigator but they handed her to us to teach.

  


From Mina:
Tell Jaxon happy birthday! And the heck!?!? Poor Kia! Haha at least you all were safe. Can you send a whanau picture with Tyrell in it? Just photos of you all please. It's okay if it's oldish. Send more pictures please Haha. My companion wants to see the whole family. Love you, and yes I met Zina Garisau!
Sister Wihongi

2/10/19

Hi son and daughter,
Jaxon got his braces removed, his teeth are nice and straight. We ate dinner yesterday at Uncle Jared’s. He invited us and Uncle Scott’s family over. Last week the Patriots won the Superbowl again vs the Rams this time. It was a boring game. Tom Brady’s 9th time in the Super bowl and 6th time winning it. We had a huge snow storm Wednesday. Jaxon had no school that day.

Sounds like you’ll have a challenging last few weeks son being District Leader. But I’m sure it’s not too bad and I know you’re up to it. I was District Leader on my mission for a little while as well. I remember having to lead meetings and give a message during those. One of those messages I gave was, “You know you’re doing your best when you’re trying to do better.” I think at the time some missionaries had questions of whether they were giving their best or how they know if they are. That’s what came to my mind to share with them. This is why I’m so grateful for the atonement for I still fall short with my best efforts, everyone does, but when we put our faith and trust in the Lord and He sees we are trying to do better, be better, His grace makes up the difference for our shortcomings. I’m so proud of both of you for sharing that message to the world.
We love you!! Mum and Dad.

Hello eggs,
There was a huge snowstorm on Wednesday so they canceled school. I hung out with my friends on that day and on Friday. On Saturday we went to Uncle Jareds to eat dinner. After that, me, Talia, and Kage went to go see Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse. It was a really great movie, I loved it because it reminded me so much of me lol because I’m Miles Morales. Anyways, hope you two are having fun on your missions.
Love, Jaxon XOXO

Hello missionaries,
I got set apart as a secretary for the Mia Maids.  We went to Uncle Scott’s for Superbowl Sunday/dinner.  For FHE, we learnt how to bless the food in maori and now we have to memorize it in 1 month.  I asked Jenna if she would like to come to church and she said maybe.  I asked for a personal progress goal and also because she was going through hard time and I thought going to church would cheer her up.  They canceled Young Womens because it was a snow day.  We made an igloo from the snow on the deck.  Erana and I had Tausala on Thursday.  We are learning a new dance.  It’s a fast dance involving a lot of fa’arapu.  On Friday, Mom, Erana, and I went to a lot of stores.  I got skates from the Thrift store, a dress from the DI for Serina’s wedding, and strawberry Kit Kats from the Ocean Market.  We got food from the Ocean Market and ate at home.  Yesterday, we went to Uncle Jared’s house for dinner.  Alessandra and Ariki have grown up so fast!  Alessandra knows how to speak Spanish now.  I went to the temple afterwards with Camille and Heather Cloward, Sister Thackeray and Eliza Thackeray, Anna Ballard, Alivia Ledward, Sister Ishino, and Ethan Leonard.  We went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple just so you know.  We had an arm wrestling contest and I won against the winners which were Eliza and Alivia.  I hope you have a great week, stays safe!  I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Love, Leila XOXO

Hi Tyrell and Mina,
I don’t know what I’m going to say cause Leila took everything I was going say except her young women.
Love Erana xoxoXoXoxOxO






From Mina:
Forward tyrells email to me. For some reason he forgets to send them to me or something Haha anyways, I'm typing my group email right now. And also, can you send me a recording of E Papa Whangaia? Or the stick song? I can't look it up on YouTube or Google and I'm wanting more kapahaka.
Love you!
Sister Wihongi

When I watched Spiderman: Into the Spider Verse, it reminded me of you too Jaxon. Except Miles was cooler. Nah, jokes. No school because of snow?! Lucky! And I want to see your smile now!
Leila, you are already doing missionary work and I'm so proud of you! Now that I'm on a mission,  I wish that I have reached out to my less active/nonmember friends more at home! So keep it up, I'm proud of you. That's a good lesson to teach Dad, something that I need to remember.
Love yous! Xoxo
Sister Wihongi

2/17/19

Hi,
Didn’t do much this past week, it was cold and snowy. We have a car rental to drive in during our car gets fixed. Went to the movies with the kids to see Spiderverse, it was a good movie. It’s my birthday this Tuesday I will be 44yrs young!!! Dad and I will go out to eat at the Cheesecake factory tomorrow, and maybe see a movie. Do you know the new rules about you can call us every week, but only call us when you want to. Every week is a bit too much! Lol And we want to write to you because it’s our weekly journal. Plus Tyrell will see you soon! Tyrell your haka at the airport depends on how many men/boys show up at the airport since it’s gonna be during the week and people have work and school. Dad and Jaxon says their not doing solo’s!! So you may not get a haka, if not will throw one in on your homecoming day!!!
Lol Anyway we love you, be safe Mum and Dad xxx

Wassup eggs,
We went to go see Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse on Friday. We all liked it, Mom said she wasn’t bored watching it. Later that day I went to my friend Jess’s house. It was his birthday on Valentines day so he was throwing a party on Friday. I had so much fun, we played hide and seek outside when it was snowing and me and Ceedrek got lost while Jess and others kept on running away. Ceedrek and I just walked back to the house and waited for them to come back lol. Then we’re gonna have dinner at Uncle Jared’s house today. Hope y’all have a nice and fantastic week. 
Love, Jaxon XOXO

Hello missionaries,
Mom and I went to the Trek meeting at the Stake Center on Sunday to sign our permits and see what we have to where for the Trek.  Erana and I played at Jenna’s house on Monday. We helped her organize her stuff because she moved into the basement and now her older brother is in her room she was in before and her 2 other younger brothers are going in the older brother’s room.  We had corn, green beans, and chicken for dinner at their house.  I asked Jenna if she wanted to come to church again, but she said no thanks and I said ok because I understand that it’s her choice if she wants to go or not and that I can’t force her to go.  I taught the lesson for FHE.  My lesson was on service.  For Young Womens, we had a P party. We wore pj’s or something pink or purple.  We had peanut butter treats, peanut butter pretzels, pumpkin choc chip cookies, and baby pumpkin muffins.  We learnt about personal progress and the 5 p’s.  The 5 p’s are perfect planning prevents poor performance.  I’m not sure if the first p was perfect or not because I forgot what first p was.  Happy Valentine’s Day!<3  Erana and I had Tausala.  Erana made me a Valentine card and dad gave me feijoa candy.  In Tausala, they gave us crowns and little treat bags.  I felt so much love in Tausala today, well I always do that’s why I love Tausala.  Mom got Erana and I milkshakes after Tausala at Arctic Circle and fries.  We went to see Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse on Friday.  Erana and I played at Kage and Dray’s house yesterday. Then, Kage and Dray played over after. I hope you have a great week, stay safe! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Love, Leila XOXO

Hi Mina and Tyrell,
Mom, Dad, Jaxon, Leila and I went to the movie theater to see new Spiderman movie called Spider Verse it was funny but one part was sad.  Serina is getting married soon the theme color is Peach.  Leila and Jaxon are looking for Pioneer clothes with Mom they were looking for the Pioneer clothes in dis.  
Love Erana xoxoXoXoxOxO




From Mina:
I haven't heard from them but I probably won't be able to see them. Are they here in Taupo? And when is Tyrell coming home?! Happy Early birthday mum! 44 years young!!  And I can call next week via messenger. I'll call at 2pm my time, which is 6pm your time. Just phone call, and I'll video call on holidays. I'll probably just phone call yous once a month.if that makes sense? Haha

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019, 9:21 AM Candice Wihongi, <candicewihongi@gmail.com> wrote:
This is not your letter just letting you know that grandma Poh Choo is there in NZ with Aunty Trish and they wanted to visit you today! I gave Aunty Trisha your email to contact you so you might already have heard from them. And hey you can video call/chat us today if you want will be at home then at Uncle Jared's for Ariki's bday. Fb msgr is the best if you have that if not that's fine. Well lmk love ya Mumxxx


From Tyrell:
I'm not going to call you guys I'm probably just going to wait till i get home. And it's okay if I don't get a haka at the airport, I think it would be cool at my homecoming though.

2/24/19

Hello missionaries,
After church last week, we went to Uncle Jared’s for Ariki’s birthday.  His english is better and I can understand him.  Kage and Dray slept over afterwards. Erana and I played at Kage and Dray’s house on Monday.  We went to McDonald’s for mom’s birthday.  I got mom a product that makes your skin look young.  We had chocolate cake.  It was combined for mutual on Wednesday.  We learned about Chinese New Year and made/ate pot stickers.  We played volleyball after.  Erana and I only went to the first hour of Tausala.  Then we went to Kapa Haka because we have a show coming up.  I went to the Thackeray’s grandma’s house for Young Womens on Friday.  We had a LOT of fun. The Thackeray’s grandma’s house is so huge like a mini mansion. We had dinner first and had pizza, salad, crazy bread, and grapes. We then planned a lot of Young Women stuff and had popcorn and candy in between. Then, we played around and got permission to look around the house. Lafiana would always try and scare us and would tell us to go first when we would look in the rooms and then she would turn the lights off.  Yesterday, we went to Serina’s Bridal Shower.  I played with Jonah and Dray.  We played hide & seek and sardines.  Then we started telling silly stories.  Around where Jonah lives there are a lot of deer and we saw around 14 deer when driving home.  I hope you have a great week, stay safe! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Love, Leila XOXO

Hi Tyrell and Mina,
We went to Myays house for Serina’s bridal shower.  We went to the stake conference today I was sitting with a friend then family though.  Mina how do clean the fishes tank?
Love Erana xoxoXoXoxOxO

Hi Son and Daughter,
We had Stake Conference today. It was pretty good. Elder Christensen of the Seventy was the visiting General Authority. Monday Mum and I went and ate out for her birthday at the Cheesecake Factory at Fashion Place mall. I had that day off for Presidents Day Holiday. We looked at a few stores after so I could buy her some new clothes for a gift. Tuesday on her actual bday we took the kids out to McDonalds then came home baked a cake and Mum opened her gifts. Mele Fifita gave her a banana pie from Village inn for her birthday. Now Mum and I are trying to lose a few pounds we gained the last few months. We went looking for a car on Friday. We test drove a Mazda 3 Touring. A nice car but we didn’t feel quite right about it so we are still on the lookout. Jaxon took his second and last driving test at the school but failed again. Now we’ll have to take him to the DMV for his test. He did worse than his first test. The tester he had is a really strict nit-picky one. Oh well. Mum and the girls went to Serina’s Bridal shower Saturday. Well keep up the great work, I know the hand of the Lord is watching over you both and blessing us as well for your service. God lives, Jesus is the Christ and the church is true. What a wonderful opportunity you have to share that with the people in your missions.
Love Dad and Mum

Hello eggs,
Didn’t have school on Monday because of President’s day. Also didn’t have school on Wednesday because the juniors were taking their ACT test so that was great. My friends were stuck out in the cold so I acted like Jesus and took them into our house. I told Dad I had friends that were stuck in the cold and he didn’t act like Jesus, he was a little angry or upset or frustrated because I could tell by the look on his face when I told him that I was gonna take them in. (Jaxon is all plaque, I wasn’t angry or upset) They hung out at our house for a while and then Mum dropped them off. Hope you two can have an awesome, spiritual week!
Love, Jaxon XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.