Friday October 3rd. Aunty Dolly Baker’s funeral was today. This morning when I dropped off the kids at school, I got a watermelon and doughnuts from Walmart to take for the funeral. Family gathered for the viewing. Dad, Erana and I sat together. Mina and Tane were there also, Mina was taking photos of the service. Aunt Dolly’s kids and a few grand kids spoke. Craig, Aunty Dolly’s son said a shocker in his talk…. When his son Ashton was born…“he didn’t know whether his Mum was crying because of how small Ashton's penis was”... everyone was laughing and probably feeling a little awkward too. I enjoyed Kimberly (Oldest Daughter) and Aunty Raihi’s talks. Some of us Maoris got up to sing a couple of Maori songs. Uncle Scott dedicated the gravesite. We went back to the chapel for a feed, there was a lot of food, because they didn’t know if there were going to be a lot of people. The food was yummy, pork, funeral potatoes, baked beans, sourdough and maori bread etc. Erana went and slept over at Minas.
Saturday October 4th, This is General Conference weekend. So Dad and I just enjoyed watching General conference in bed lol. Jaxon was supposed to join us but he was in the bathroom practically for an hour. And again for the afternoon session, Jaxon was in the bathroom for about an hour?
In the afternoon I met Erana, Mina and Tane at a Pho place ‘Viet Deli’. We had yummy pho, spring roll and sandwich. Then we headed to UVU, Noorda Center. We went to watch Julia perform in her play ‘The Crucible’. Julia had a main lead, and she was great. It wasn’t a musical, but they had dancers that were entertaining. We met Zach and her afterwards and gave her compliments and flowers. Aunty Heather was also there with a friend. Erana slept over again at Minas.
Sunday Tyrell made us breakfast, biscuits and gravy with sausage. And I made some eggs, and we had cinnamon wheels. I also took a cinnamon wheel to the Frandsens, cause I’m supposed to minister to them. There were a lot of good speakers. We were going to have our family photos but I cancelled them cause I thought it was rainy. But Mina and the rest of the kids except Jaxon went on a little hike in the mountains and took nice photos.
While they were gone I made some pho soup with noodles, and used the broth that was leftover from Viet Deli. It was yummy!
They didn't sustain our new prophet and they didn’t announce any new temples. I liked Sis. Browning’s talk about Primary Music, and how you can strengthen your testimony from music. I liked the talk about the ‘Family Proclamation’, reminding us that it is inspired doctrine.
I had my fall break, Oct 9-13th. Erana’s is not in sync with mine hers is Oct 16-20. Dad and I spent the night in Wendover on Thursday Oct. 9th, just to get away and for fun.
Even though Mum and Dad don’t talk very much to you on the phone lol doesn’t mean we don’t love you. That’s just how we are, we’re both not talkers lol. But we love seeing you every Monday and knowing you are safe and hopefully happy serving the Lord. Keep up the good work and remember to love the people and speak their language. Love you Mum & Dad
Talofa Sister Wihongi,
Today is Halloween, I’m at work. I came in costume as Shinobu. Last night we had our ward Trunk or Treat and Chili dinner (not a cook-off). I had made my first Chili ever the night before, and put beef mince meat and bacon, it was ok, but I think I could’ve done better, it was missing some flavor? For our Trunk or Treat, we did the Demon Slayer theme. I was Shinobu, Dad was Urokodaki and baby was Inosuke. Dad was annoying me cause he didn't know how to tie his white material on the bottom of his legs. Grrr, lol, I wanted to decorate our trunk the way I envisioned it, but I was running out of time and patience with people lol. Anyways it all turned out fine and we had a nice time.
Friday Oct 31st. I went to school in my Shinobu costume. I saw a herd of boys dressed as Pink Unicorns, 3 bananas and one Tanjiro. Erana’s friends joined us for Halloween. Erana was the Red Power Ranger, her friend Trisy was the black power ranger who is also black, Liliana - green mask power ranger, she’s american indian, Rose - bee, hispanic and Kendra - piglet, hispanic - she joined us at Uncle Scott’s house. We took photos at home. We had some neighborhood kids trick or treat, and I was prepared this year. I actually had full size boxes of candy to give, M&M’s, Peelers (Dad & I love these new lollies), skittles etc. We started at 6pm at Uncle Scott’s house. I brought boil up with rice, it was so delicious!, left over chili, chips n dip, charcuterie. Aunty also had chili and clam chowder. Mina bought Pizza and Tyrell brought cream cheese chocolate cupcakes. Jaxon was Scream, and Talia and Nate were Roxanne and Max off of the Goofy Movie. When we were done eating everyone went out for a walk about except for Dad and I. We stayed home and gave out the ‘candy’. And we watched our KDrama or tried to lol.
Saturday we chilled at home, and did some chores. Dad mowed the lawn. We also planned our Spring break get away with Mina and Tane. I’ll let you know about it later. Sunday went to church. We had curry chicken and left over boil up for Sunday dinner. And then we watched ‘Physical Asia’. I have your package I will be mailing sometime this week, if you think of something else you’d like me to send you lmk asap. Love you and talk to you today! - Love Mum & Dad xxx