9/9/25
Talofa Sis. Wihongi,
Had a long enjoyable labor weekend. Went carving at Uncle’s, doing my Tewhatewha’s for Dad and Jaxon. Also making you and Erana ‘patu’s’. Went to Electric park afterwards for our Tausala show for Polynesian Days. The front gate people were very unorganized, Dad had to pay $10 instead of $5. I was supposed to buy him a ticket online. Tausala were first for the day performances. I didn’t watch the show, Dad recorded it though. Everyone did awesome! Afterwards we walked around and looked at the shops and got some yummy Otai, and fried musubis and panakeke. We didn’t stay very long and came home.
Baby had Monday and Tuesday off of school. I just had Monday, I went and did some carving with Uncle. Went to Fashion Place mall and bought a gray, soft cover for our LoveSac. Found out we got the wrong size when we got home, so I called and changed it.
Thursday 4th, Dad and I flew to Houston, Texas from Provo airport on Allegiant. They are a cheap airline with no snacks or tv/internet and uncomfortable chairs. Dad made him a bum pillow out of a laptop cover lol.
William P. Hobby was the airport we flew into, it was in the hood, ghetto looking part of the neighborhood. It was at night so we got some Chinese food at the airport, it was yummy. Then we got an Uber to our hotel, about 25mins away. It was a nice hotel.
Friday 5th. We had breakfast at the hotel, eggs, sausage, waffles, biscuits and gravy. It was kind of the same breakfast we had at our hotel in Tennessee. We stayed in our room till check out and then hung out in the lobby area till Jared and Tania picked us up. On our way to Port Arthur we stopped at this huge gas station facility called ‘Buccees’ apparently it’s popular and we’re getting one built in Springville, Utah. Met Jody and Scott there we got some mixed candied nuts, drink, chips and some ideas for souvenirs.
Our Airbnb in Port Arthur was in a nice neighborhood. The house looked nice on the outside but someone needed to upkeep the gutters. The inside was a little creepy and 70’ish, kind of reminded me of BeetleJuice after the lady remodeled it. Jay and I got a nice big suite with a king size bed and a bathroom. Jared was up stairs by himself, Tania had a queen to herself and Jody and scott got cabbage beds lol. Jared, Scott and I went to get flowers for our guest, we stopped at a flower shop, but flowers needed to be ordered and they were expensive! We ended up getting flowers from the nearest grocery store. Donna Creech (Uncle Paul's daughter to a girlfriend he had before marrying Aunty Faye), brought over Tobi and Aunty Faye to visit with us. The living room was warm because the thermostat was locked to 80degrees. We got some BBQ from Tony’s, Donna shouted us. We got ribs, brisket, baked beans, garlic cheesy potatoes, fried okra and dirty rice - it was yummy! After they left, we stayed up late. I made Aunty Tania watch ‘KPOP Demon Hunters’.
Saturday 6th, Donna again brought over Tobi, Aunty Faye and Uncle Paul. Shaun and Christine couldn’t come, because Christine had abdominal pain and they had to go to the ER. Michelle Elkins (cousin) couldn’t make it either due to Covid, we were supposed to stay with her Thursday night and drive up with her Friday. But all good Dad and I preferred our hotel and the privacy and not feeling uncomfortable lol. Also Scotty (Uncle’s oldest Son) couldn’t make it either due to Covid as well? Any ways we had a nice visit with them at our place again. And then we went and had lunch at ‘Judices 1927’. We got yummy appetizers, crab dip, alligator eggs, and boudin balls. I got a cup of seafood gumbo and seafood platter (grilled shrimp, fried fish, crawfish and fries) Dad got ‘scallops & gnocchi. Others got Ribeye steak, blackened red fish, shrimp tacos. All the food was delicious! We stopped off at the cemetery Granny Julia and Grandpa Ira Lee are buried at and took photos and chatted and said our goodbyes there to Uncle, Aunty, Tobi and Donna. Dad and the uncles got into a serious heated conversation about ‘Evolution’, and it was Dad against Uncle Jody & Scott and Jared was kinda for both. Aunty Tania asked me who I think is right, and I said Jay of course lol. The uncles believe in evolution and what’s been taught in schools, Dad doesn’t. I could tell Dad was egging a bit, and when we got back home uncle Jody seemed a bit stressed. So I told Dad not to bring that up anymore, Dad apologized to Uncle Jody. We had the rest of the day, so we went for a drive over a bridge and stopped near a lake. Jody left to go to his hotel near the airport. We then went and got us ice-cream from the grocery store. We all had another night in our Airbnb. The next morning we did our clean up and left. Stopped at ‘Buccees’ and got food and souvenirs. Dad bought a key lime pudding when he thought he bought a banana lol. We had some time before our flight so we went to look at the San Jacinto Memorial Monument. We had to be ferried there and that was a bit worrisome for Scott and Tania thinking it will take a long time and they’ll miss their flight pffft. We went since we googled it, it only takes 5mins to load and for the ferry to get to the other side. While in our car on the boat the waves splashed up and freaked out Tania. The monument is taller than the Washington DC Monument. Dad paid for everyone, because they didn’t want to even look inside except for Jared. The museum was actually pretty scabby, but we were allowed to go to the top and have a look. There was a movie but we didn’t have time to watch it. Got some pins and a t-shirt. It was fun, glad we came. We got dropped off at our Airport, and went through security and waited for our flight, ate some more yummy Chinese food. Dad shared his slow jam music with me on the plane since I was listening to ‘Kapohia’ over and over again, since it was the only song I had downloaded lol. We got back home around 11pm. I had to fix the door lock and while I was doing that Kiko ran outside and Dad did not want to chase him, so he stayed out all night.
Monday September 8th. In the morning before work I went to look for him, I was calling out his name down by the mailbox, and then I came up and looked around Jaxon's car and I saw Kiko sitting in the back yard, so I went and got a treat and went out to the deck and called him and he saw me and ran up to me and went straight in side.
Right now it’s Wednesday September 10th and Charlie Kirk was shot at UVU and he died and I’m so sad. When I found out at school from our family message I was praying so hard he would be ok. I’m sad for his wife and kids and family, I know he's in a good place.
Love Mum and Dad xxx
Hello Sister Wihongi,
Alisa and I have been rewatching all of demon slayer because we are going to see the new movie soon when it comes out. Mom and dad went to Texas so we stayed a night with Erana so she wasn't alone. Then we went to top golf with Mina, tane, Julie, kristian, and Erana one night for minas birthday, it was Tane's idea. After top golf we went to culvers for a treat. The next morning we met Mina, tane, and Erana at a farmers market in eagle mountain. We mostly just walked around and looked at everything. The food was too expensive so we went to Costco to eat. That evening Alisa and I went to the utes football game. It rained on us a little but luckily we had ponchos. And the utes smashed the other team pretty bad. On Sunday mom and dad weren't home yet from Texas so Mina and tane just brought papa Murphys for dinner. Then we played a game called munchkins which was kinda like dnd and Erana won. Anyways hope you're still doing well! We love and miss you!!
Alisa and Tyrell
Talofa Sis. Wihongi,
On Monday 15th I took Apollo burgers to Jeanie Tomlin, she’s an older lady in our ward and she had a double mastectomy. Tuesday afternoon I made some asian dishes for dinner, cause Mina and Tane were coming over. We all (Me, Dad, Erana, Mina, Tane, Tyrell, Alisa, Jaxon and Xanda) met at Regal Movie theater to watch ‘The Demon Slayer - : Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Movie: Infinity Castle. Xanda was in town so he came to the movies too. Dad again forgot his glasses and had to go back home to get them. Jaxon and Xanda bought everyone popcorn, I got a free drink using my rewards. I wore a Tanjiro tshirt and a kimono and earrings lol, Jaxon and Erana wore tshirts. Jaxon had a demon tshirt ‘Akaza’, and now we know why. Because he has a sad back story, I felt sorry for him! The movie was awesome - you’ll enjoy it when you get home!
Wednesday September 17th - was our 31st anniversary! I didn’t go to the YW activity, Erana did though they had combined pickleball. When I got home from work, Dad and I went to Chinatown for fun lol We ate some ‘Honey garlic fried korean chicken’, then went to another eating place and got some ‘Rose tteokbokki, it had sausage, bacon and fish cake with cheese on top’, it was sooo good and Dad was able to eat a little of it before it got to spicy for him lol. We got a lot of goodies from 85`bakery, the ‘Hakaido bun’ is yummy. We also got a ‘mango ice-cream’ and I was excited to see they had frozen ‘Candied Hawthorns’, which I always wanted to try them. Because I see them on my Chinese dramas all the time lol. They were like a cherry but a little bigger and a little tart, but I like it! Dad and I drove over the ‘Saltair’ and went for a long walk to get to the Salt Lake and just chilled there and watched the sunset. Then we came home and got in the Hot tub lol.Will be going to Logan Anniversary in next week also.
Saturday Sept. 20th, went and did carving with Uncle. Nive Schwenke had a food fundraiser for her Mission. I bought 3 sapasui and 3 oka’s. It was at her grandma’s home, in our neighborhood. Mina also some but we gave hers and one of mine to Suresa and family. Suresa is on hospice at home. I also picked up Jaxons 3, which he got for himself, Xanda and Ceedrek. The sapasui was yummy but we really liked the Oka (raw fish). Dad and I went and got paint, we will be painting the kitchen and downstairs bathroom cupboards, gray.
Sunday Sept. 21st. Paje played a beautiful piano piece with her piano partner. I had a Stake YW training after church. Erana stayed home from church, she wasn’t feeling well. Erana told me Saturday night that she was sick last week and I was sad she didn’t tell us, cause she could’ve stayed home from school.
Keep up the good work, love and miss you - Mum & Dadxxx
9/29/25
Hello Leila,
Thursday the 25th, I took the day off work and mum got off at 12pm. We booked a room at the anniversary inn at Logan for our 31st anniversary and my birthday. I actually booked it last November when they had a special. We left around 1230pm and stopped at the Cox honey store. We bought some honey and jam. We then got an ice cream at the Aggie creamery. I got the large 2 scoops and the girl piled it on huge. I had peach cobbler and Aggies joy which is almond joy, coconut, chocolate and almonds. Mum had huckleberry. The room we stayed in was the Arabian Nights. We checked in and relaxed but after we went out to eat dinner at Chuckarama. I was hoping they had fried fish but they didn't but I got really full anyway. We had yummy breakfast they brought to us in the morning and we checked out at 12pm. We went to some thrift stores and mum got her clothes. I waited in the car for her. We also went to the Gnosser foods place and got more flavored milk and cheese and another ice cream cone. We got root beer milk, orange cream, banana, strawberry, vanilla, cookies and cream. We drove home after and picked Erana up at school. She had a pop club thing.
Friday night Auntie Dolly passed away. She had cancer and was expected to last a few months but a stroke she had made her pass away quickly. We went by to visit Uncle Geoff Saturday morning. Uncles Scott, Jody, Jared, aunties Heather and Monica came. We were there for 4 hours. Uncle talked a lot about his life with Aunty Dolly and about my mum and Dad and other things. I know we'll see our passed on relatives soon, the resurrection is right around the corner.
Sunday we had a yummy dinner and birthday cake dessert. My cake was coconut pudding bundt cake and it was delicious. Mum made it. We played a game called munchkins with me and us all except mum and Jaxon. I ended up winning. Tyrell could have stopped me from winning but then Tane would have won and he already won it before so he allowed me to win for my bday lol. Oh mum and Erana went to Margaret Moleni’s (Muggles) home coming talk today but I went to our ward. I'm the new Elders quorum president, I can't remember if we told you. I was a little sad with President Nelson's passing but what a life being 101 years old. He left us some awesome teachings like “Let God Prevail”, “seek and expect miracles”, “repent daily”, “think celestial” and “be a peacemaker”. The work will move forward, most likely with Elder Oaks as the new prophet. That's all I have. The church is true. Love you!
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.